Sunday 19 April 2015

No More Guilty Pleasures

"I'm an artist, and if you give me a tuba, I'll bring you something out of it." - John Lennon

No more feeling guilty about being interested in and pursuing a diverse range of creative endeavours!

It makes no difference whether I am am expressing myself through photography, painting, drawing, saxophone, flute, harmonica, guitar and songwriting, or decorating my home...the artistic brain is at work. The material or instrument is but a medium to express an emotion, thought or concept using improvisation and layering as vehicles to fulfilment. 

This blog starts with an intention to bring fragmented interests and separation into alignment with an holistic approach to life and art. It is a celebration of being in the moment and improvising with as much consciousness as I can muster in that given moment. Moving forward will be an adventure into unknown territory and a journey of development and exciting discovery. 




Overture, 2012, oil and collage on board, 101 x 91 cm


                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment