Tuesday 5 May 2015

Mark as Rhythm

Hypnotic rhythm meditation can be a great way to free up preconceived ideas and expected outcomes. Check out some of my rhythm drawings on my art website here: Aria Stone improvised rhythm drawings

Aria Stone, Meditation #3,
pastel and charcoal on paper,
76 x 56 cm

Aria Stone, Meditation #2,
pastel and charcoal on paper,
76 x 56 cm

Aria Stone, Meditation #1,
pastel and charcoal on paper,
76 x 56 cm


Meanwhile I have been working on a smaller scale with artist's marker pens on bleed proof paper. This is a medium that is fairly new and lends itself to experimenting with slow marks. My intention is to distill ideas down to the most simple elements with repetition as a theme. Eventually I will use some of the motifs for prints. After that the plan is to do some studies on canvas and linen to see what happens when translating ideas using acrylics and oils.

Aria Stone, Rhythms, artist's marker on bleed proof paper

No comments:

Post a Comment